Fashion photography is obviously a multibillion-dollar industry. There is a lot of money in these two industries. The photography industry and the fashion industry are worth billions. People are actually charging a lot of money for clothing and photography nowadays. If you are looking at fashion photography in brands like Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci and more, these models are paid a lot of money, and the photographers are paid a lot of money by the brands. Fashion photography is certainly something that needs to be thought of as a completely separate industry. In a fashion shoot, there are a lot of things that would come into play. I am talking about things like lighting, ambience, the vibe, the models, the clothes and more.
- Firstly, you have complete control over all of the elements. You do not have to worry about wind, rain or anything that would affect the clothes or the makeup, because you will be handling where it is done and also all of the photographic equipment. If it is too sunny outside, the harsh sunlight and all of the shadows can be a little hard to battle with, but if you are doing the shoot inside or indoors, you will be able to control the lighting in the room.
- Secondly, you should look at convenience. That does not have to be any tracking scenarios into a distant location, as long as you are doing it in a studio and as long as you have all of the items and equipments that you need. A studio session is usually very quick and efficient. It is also very cost-effective as well.
- If the models know what they’re doing, you can actually shoot more than 80 to 100 garments in a single day.
- You will have complete choice over what models you get to use for the shoot. You will also have a choice over the backdrops. It is all in your hands.
- You will also have complete control over all of the lighting effects. Lighting can change over the entire day, and if you are doing an outdoor shoot, you should keep in mind that the sun keeps changing positions, throughout the entire day, and you should know that sunlight is available only for a couple of hours in the day. Usually, a lot of people tend to forget this. If you are depending on natural light, you need to know what you are doing, and you need to be on your toes.
- Studio photography is definitely something that would pay the models a significant amount of money if you are looking at models who have been doing it for a really long time.